Phone: 0114 360 0882
Mobile: 07867 608021
Relocate2Sheffield Ltd and our affiliates are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
According to Applicable Data Protection Laws, you may be entitled to know the identity of your “Data Controller” i.e. the legal entity which determines why and how your personal data is processed. This will generally be the case when are you located within the European Economic Area.
Your relevant Data Controller may vary, depending on how you are receiving services from us. For example:
- Direct Consumers / Individuals: If you are engaging Relocate2Sheffield Ltd directly to provide services for you, then your relevant Data Controller is likely to be that particular Relocate2Sheffield Ltd entity which is providing those services to you, and this will typically be that Relocate2Sheffield Ltd entity which processes your personal data and which is named in any relevant correspondence with you.
If you have any questions in regard to the above, please contact us using the details set out in the How to Contact Us section below.
Information we collect from you
We may collect personal information (including personally identifiable information or, where relevant, sensitive personal data within the meaning of Applicable Data Protection Law) about you and/or your family (“Your Data”) in the following ways:
- Information you give us. This is information that you and/or your family give us by filling in forms or other digital assets or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes when you use our website or other digital assets or enquire about, or use, any of our relocation services (the “Services”). The information may include without limitation your and /or your family’s name, address, e-mail address, phone number or other contact details, marital status, age, occupation, role/title/area of responsibilities, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and other information (including as required by laws and regulations addressing insurance and related matters or as required to provide the Services). Sensitive personal data may include, for example, data about criminal convictions, physical health and medical records, sexual orientation, racial or ethnic origin and religious beliefs for visa applications (where required to be provided under law to your employer) and information you tell us as part of your relocation preferences (for example, your preferred choice of religious schools or proximity to certain places of worship).
- Of course, you are not required to supply any of the information that we may request, notably sensitive data, although this might limit the Services we are able to offer you. While we make every effort to ensure that Your Data is accurate, complete and up to date, you can help us considerably in this by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to Your Data (please see the How to Contact Us section below). We do not collect or process any sensitive data without obtaining your prior explicit consent.
- Information we may receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, your employer, business partners and sub-contractors (including in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, financial institutions, financial advisers, external medical bodies, disclosure and criminal check services, police forces and courts) and may receive information about you from them). These third parties may be based outside of the EEA (see the Storage and transfer of Your Data section for more information).
Use of Your Data
We may use Your Data in the following ways:
- to provide you and/or your family with the Services (as applicable);
- to administer, operate, facilitate and manage your and/or your family’s relationship and/or account with us, and to otherwise, including contacting you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, email etc.;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information (such as relocation research), recommendations or advice concerning our offers, promotions, products and services, including those products and services which you request from us. If you are an existing customer (and save for where this is permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws or where you have provided your consent to further marketing) we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use Your Data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this, save for where this is otherwise permitted under Applicable Data Protection Laws. If you do not want us to use Your Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, then please indicate your preference on the form on which we collect Your Data;
- to notify you about changes to the Services;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research and statistical and survey purposes); managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analysing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; to ensure the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities;
- as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any relevant judicial process or governmental agency; and
- to comply with industry standards and our policies.
Disclosure of Your Data We may share Your Data with:
- Any member of Relocate2Sheffield Ltd
- Selected third parties including:
- Estate agents, property owners, council school admissions team, recruitment companies and potential employers (for partners career support)
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us providing the Services to you and/or your family and where authorized under Applicable Data Protection Law; and
- your employer, external medical bodies, disclosure and criminal check services, police forces and courts and relevant immigration authorities for the purpose of preparing and processing your visa application (via your employer).
We may also disclose Your Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Relocate2Sheffield Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Your Data may be one of the transferred assets.
As the case may be, one or more of the above may be located outside of the European Economic Area.
Storage and transfer of Your Data
The security of Your Data is important to us. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Under Applicable Data Protection Law, you may have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You can choose not to provide personal information to us. You also may refrain from submitting information directly to us. However, if you do not provide Your Data when requested, or if you exercise your rights you and/or your family may not be able to benefit from the Services (as applicable), and we may not be able to provide you with information about our products, services and promotions.
To the extent provided by Applicable Data Protection Law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time to the processing of Your Data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of Your Data will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Services.
In addition you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, and have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements including Applicable Data Protection Law.
You have the right to ask us not to process Your Data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting Your Data) and obtain your prior consent where required by the Applicable Data Protection Law if we intend to use Your Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose Your Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by advising us of your preferences before we collect Your Data, including on the form that is used to collect Your Data.
The rights above are likely to apply to you if you are based in Europe.
Our websites or other digital assets may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his personal data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under Applicable Data Protection Laws.
Access to information
Applicable Data Protection Law may give you the right to access information held about you. This will usually be the case where you are based in Europe. Any access request may be subject to a fee, where permitted under Applicable Data Protection Law. Any request should be made in writing, and the best way for you to do so is to contact us at the address stated below. As we must be able to identify the person making the request, and because a fee may be due, we request that you confirm any request made by you via different means by contacting us at the address stated below. Due to technological constraints and/or information security considerations, it may be inappropriate to use social media to supply information in response to any request by you for access to information, and so please provide an alternative delivery address for our response. We may reject requests where we are entitled to do so under Applicable Data Protection Laws, which may include where the request is manifestly unreasonable, in particular due to its repetitive or systematic nature, require disproportionate effort and/or risks the privacy or confidentiality of others.
Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of Your Data is very important to us. We have implemented controls to protect Your Data from unauthorised access, modification, disclosure and misuse. We encrypt our data in transit and constantly review new technologies to protect Your Data. Please bear in mind that despite our best efforts to safe guard Your Data, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
How to contact us